HELP! LIONFISH IN DISTRESS

vinnie t.

Yesterday afternoon I bought my cousins Black Voltains Lionfish. He had it in his tank for about a week or 2. It was fine and he gave it about 4 feeder fish a week. He lives about a 15 minute drive from my house. When I got to my house I rested the bag with the fish in it in my tank for about 5 minutes to make the tempature the same. Then I put some water from my tank into the bag and took some out of the bag into a bucket and repeated a couple times. Then got my net and put the lionfish in my tank. He moved around a bit when I put him in. A couple hours after I went to bed. The next day he did not move alot at all, he flinched about every 5 minutes. At around 9:00 I put a feeder fish in the tank and he didint eat it. Now he is on the bottom of the tank breathing heavy. He is in a 40 gallon tank with 15 pounds of live rock, an Anemone Fish, a Flame Angelfish, and a Sally Lightfoot crab. It is 4 inches long and the Anemone Fish is too big for it to eat. The salt level is fine and it is 77 Degrees F. Please tell me what is wrong it looks like it is going to die. :(

playtime

Well, lionfish is the expert here but, he didn't eat maybe because he wasn't hungry. I only feed mine every other day. What is your salinity? I know you said it was fine, but what is fine. They can't tollerate Nitrite, did you check that? You say he is on the bottom is he right side up or on his side, upside down? Mine sits on the liverock almost motionless, also next to the powerhead, in caves, on the bottom, are you sure about the breathing heavy? Keep an eye on him. I know lionfish will appreciate more info. Good luck with it.
playtime