Help!!! Lr

vegas made

there is like cotton balls on my live rock they look like cooton balls little ones
is that just a type of algea???
nothing to worry about??

calikit

Originally Posted by vegas made
there is like cotton balls on my live rock they look like cooton balls little ones
is that just a type of algea???
nothing to worry about??

Does it look like the pic I posted a little bit ago?

vegas made

i cant i tried taking a picture of it but when i zoomed in it wasnt focused he picture looks like ----
it looks like little baby cotton balls on my live rock
there is like a white glow over all my live rock i think its just algea like when i look from diffrent angles there is almost like a white glow around all of my rock but there is a couple diffrent spots on my rock where there are like little cotton balls

vegas made

Originally Posted by Evanish
Sounds like a sponge of some kind. Maybe a Scypha sponge? What size are they?

they are tiny like the size of a fish eye probably there is like 10 of them in diffrent spots

vegas made

Does it look like this?

If so... It's just a harmless sponge.

ya it looks exzactly like that
really its harmlesse??
that gives me relise lol and i also have it looks like white strings only really lilttle and they are on my LR they dont move it looks like it is stuck to my rock but there is more then 1

evanish

Yea, 100% harmless. They tend to be found on liverock, sumps, pumps, skimmers, ect. Just a filter feeder.

vegas made

what about the white string looking thingas im sorry i cant post a pic but my camera wont focus when its zoomed in and if i dont zoom in you caNT SEE IT LOL
its like a white string attatched to my rock but on it it dosnt move

vegas made

I have no idea with the given discription. You'll have to discribe the string thing a little better.
lol well it looks like its on my rock like attached to it it is pitch white and curly but on the rock not floating or any of it in the water maybe its just part of the LR i just noticed it i dont think its a big deal