HELP! Maroon Clown looks like Mold on her

So I bought a pair of Maroon Clowns, The male passed away so I got another and they seem to be doing fine, no fighting or anything.
They looked like the female had ick and infected the tank with it so I have been treating for over a week now with Quick-Cure in a QT tank. The ick looks like it went away but now the female has this white all over her like a white mold. Could it be velvet? can anyone shed some light on it? I want to heal her up QUICK!
I can't get a picture of it I've tried, so anything would be helpful!

I did some Copper Safe in the Tank and they cleaned up fine over the course of a few hours. When do you think I can put them back in the tank? 6 weeks?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
The treatment for brooklynella is formalin baths. Did click on that link I posted above? That will take you to the information.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by NickBorowitz
http:///forum/post/2965546
I did some Copper Safe in the Tank and they cleaned up fine over the course of a few hours. When do you think I can put them back in the tank? 6 weeks?
Don't use copper with hyposalinity. The kidneys of the fish cannot take the strain. You need formalin baths for that fish. Follow Beth's directions in her Common Treatments FAQ.