Help Me Asap

shrimp134

Ok, This is my only chance to get my true perc's. I can get them tonight, but I am going to be leaving tomorrow until Sunday at like 2pm central time...I am wondering if I should get them tonight and let them be for the wknd by themselves..Iknow i prob. shouldnt cuz if something goes on I am screwed and so are they, but what im wondering...these would be my first fishes in my 29g tank...i have some snails(astrea and 2 bumble bee's) 1 red scarlet hermit crab and that is it...but im wondering will they be ok for the wknd with out me.....or what can i do please ne one?

D

daniel411

I'd pesonally wait. Placing two unquarantined fish into a somewhat smaller aquarium thats just been cycled, might need some careful watching.

shrimp134

Its completely done cycling i know that for sure...with wha ti have in it...live rock and sand and then its been up for a month now...please someone...thanks for your opinion right away though daniel..ne one else?

beaslbob

Whatever you do, my advice is that when you add them you not feed them for a week. And be sure to check the nitrItes. they should spike and then come down in about 5 days.

birdy

Bob- his tank is cycled, there should be no nitrite or ammonia spike.
I too would recommend you wait, there will be perc available again.

stillfrodo

IMO wait. Maybe ask if you can pay for the fish and let them hold them to you get back. I know my LFS does that. This way when you get back you can give them all the attention they need by keeping a close eye on things.

shrimp134

Ok thanks you guys...I am waiting to get the pair till MOnday, the guy is holding them...Thanks A Bunch@!!!!!!!!

shrimp134

nope your not...I thought about what i would be doing to the clwons if i got them now..and i decided to wait until monday!! Thanks

cindyski

good for you!! i know it is hard to wait my old screen name used to be impatiance lol (someone already had the e)
anyway, you will be much happier if you wait and can observe your fish.
dont forget about the top offs you will need for evaporation, someone is gonna have to be there to do that too!
good luck and post a pic when you get the fish :happyfish

shrimp134

I will definetly post a picture.......for top off's do you just add ro/di water..that is what i hav been doing..and do u add ne thing to the ro/di water?>

koolkev

Shrimps i would wait if ur gone u cant watch ur fish or antin so i would wait till u get back from dickenson
P.S. See u tomorrow

beaslbob

Originally posted by Birdy
Bob- his tank is cycled, there should be no nitrite or ammonia spike.
I too would recommend you wait, there will be perc available again.

two possible things. one there will be no cycle. not feeding fish will not make any difference.
there will be cycle. not feeding fish will insure they live. Feeding will set off a vicious cycle that may kill the fish.
Yep either way best to not feed for a week. they are his first fish.

birdy

That makes no sense to me at all, in a properly cycled tank there is no cycle when fish are added. There is somtimes a very small spike that will go away quickly, feeding will not effect this, because the tank needs to adjust to the feeding of the fish too. I disagree with you on this matter. I feed very lightly in my tanks, a two to three times a week, with lots of LR heavy feeding is uneccssary, While you are right that not feeding them for a few days will not hurt, I don't like you saying it will cause the tank to cycle, because that is not true.