help me catch a crab

superman59

what is the best way to catch an unwanted crab without taking everything out. he is eating some of my corals.

payton 350

just an idea , tie some fishing line to a piece of meat or fish food...let it grab it gently pulling up and net it

jayc

How big is it? The bottle method may work. Take like a coke bottle thats clean. Cut the top area off and turn it so its facing in. Staple it or super glue it. Poke some holes in it so water will pass through. Put some kinda food in it, and put it in your tank where you think the crab is. The only down to this method is you may catch a lot of other critters before you catch the crab.
hth
-Josh

ninjamini

In the mean time take out the coral that its eating. Of you try the coke bottle method then dont feed the tank for 2-3 days. Then put a nice shrimp in the bottle. Now here is the fun part. Sit by the tank all night long. If he gets in there he is going to get out eventually. The bottle just slows him down.

mrdsmack

I had a mud crab that I tried the glass cup, soda bottle and fishing line. Hate to say it but theydidnt worked. i had to take half of my rocks and corals out to catch the varment. good luck.