help me divide my livestock

sleasia

I am setting up a new 150 gallon reef tank which probably won't be ready for livestock for a few weeks just to be safe....Rather than get more fish, I am thinking its better to divide up what I have since my 200 FOWLR and invert tank at this point is probably well overstocked. My problem seems to be that I love my sea stars, and want to keep them safe from the few fish who may nibble on them.
Here's what I have...
1 naso tang
3 yellow tangs
1 hippo tang
1 blue face angel
1 chevron tang
2 yellow chromis
1 auriga butterfly
1 cleaner wrasse
inverts:
5 peppermint shrimp
2 skunk cleaner shrimp
1 fire shrimp
4 green hawaiian shrimp
20 blue leg hermits
10 scarlet hermits
1 red starry hermit (now in qt he's big and eats my stars so he's in prison)
2 chocolate chip stars
1 serpent star
1 purple reef lobster (small)
I'm thinking that the blueface angel and butterfly need to remain in the FOWLR and invert tank as does probably the red starry hermit...since they will probably eat up the reef. but can the stars do ok in the reef tank or are they not reef safe? Anyway they probably should go in the reef as the live rock is about 3x the volume of rock in the fowlr tank....Also I think the three yellow tangs may need to remain together, as this seems to curb their aggressive behaior quite a bit....my brain has gone dead from 2-3 months of building the new tank....so I figured I would let someone else figure this out for me....??thanks all

teresaq

cc stars are not reef safe.
I would move the three yellows and maybe the hippo, and leave the rest.
move the cleaner shrimp and fire shrimp
move half hemits
not sure about serpant star-may eat small fish
dont know anything about purple lobs but maybe move it to.
the only badd thing is adding the yellow first, you may have a hard time adding more fish to the 150.
may have to rearrange everytime you add something new.

sleasia

Thanks theresa, that sounds good. I may have to give the red starry hermit away then, because he and the cc stars together in the fowlr will be a problem...he munches off their "chips". I can take alot of time moving fish, since right now they are all doing fine in the 200. the yellows together seem ok, another member recently gave me a chevron because he was closing his tank and no one bought it...I put it in the 200 and no one, not the yellows, not even the blue face angel, bothered the chevron...so maybe in a group the yellows are less aggressive. I forgot I have 4 false percs also (ocelaris?), but I will keep only the two that seem to be a pair now, because they are becoming aggressive with the other two clowns. I will be giving the other two away or dividing them, 2 in one tank, and 2 in the other. Also what about the chevron? he came from a reef tank, my live rock is actually mostly his rock, so probably he should go back in the reef tank whenever it is well enough established.?
thanks for all the advice...I'm a bit burned out.