help me find my Goby

bluemantr

Hello
It has been a month my yellow watchman is missing. I cant find him anywhere. I did new aquascape 6-7 weeks ago, he did hide for 2 weeks and then came out eat something for like 10 mins and dissapeared again after this i didnt see him. Is there anyway i can be sure he is still alive?
Thanks

bluemantr

well he has 3 different spots and they are impossible to reach i have to take all rocks out Thats the last thing i want to do Because my zoas and rics started growing like a crazy.

rabid frog

Maybe look for freshly moved substrate. That is the only way I know my pistol is alive. He keeps the sand around his spots constantly churned.

bluemantr

I looked for that but I dont think he is coing out from his cave. sand on the outside of his cave isnt moving at all

robbybo

he could be dead. The same thing happened to mine last week. He disappeared for a couple of days. I moved rocks to try and find him, but found a hermit instead in the goby's cave. My wife was so sad.

bluemantr

I dont think Amonia will spike if he is dead because crabs and bristles eat it fast. I think my goby died too but i just wanted to make sure before adding new fish. Thanks

N

nereef

yellow watchmans are famous for being sucked through the overflows. check sump/fuge/overflow boxes if you have them.

kmc

Originally Posted by NEreef
yellow watchmans are famous for being sucked through the overflows. check sump/fuge/overflow boxes if you have them.
We also had one that jumped over the back wall of our bio cube into the drip tray the first night we had it.

bluemantr

I dont have sump i am 100% sure he didnt jump because i looked every inch around the tank. I think he is already dead. How long he can stay without eating?