Help me get these out!!!

mrdc

I'm trying to get my two dominos out w/o having to remove the rocks. I was running the actincs only last night and dropped some pellets in and I came close to getting one but they seem to know what I am doing. The other fish ignore me and I could scoop them out at anytime. Any bright ideas?

nytrillium

could be....

but seriously... There are a couple ideas that you can find on here. One has to do with an empty coke bottle and some bait. You cut the bottom off the bottle and put it in the water. Put a piece of food inside or on the sand below it and when he goes for the food drop the bottle on him.
Or you could just remove all your live rock, because im sure that you would love to do that. :thinking:

johnzo

I have heard of a fish trap using a clear 2 liter bottle... you cut off the top part to form a funnel of sorts turn it over stick in into the bottom half... put some bait in the bottle and place it on the bottom of the tank...kinda like a minnow trap fishies swim in but can't get out :notsure: I have never tried it..always ended up taking out the rock
Good Luck

mrdc

Damn, I was hoping it wasn't a joke :hilarious
Do the fish traps work like the soda bottle method? Fish can get in but can't get out.

cowfishrule

thats what you get for putting damsels in your tank.

my neighbor bought them because they looked "cute". when they started to terrorize everything else, he had to dam near drain the tank to catch them.

mr_bill

Traps didn't work for me either. I had to remove every single rock in my tank to catch the three I had. I'm tempted to tell you to barrow a large preditory fish for a week or so.

corally

Originally Posted by mrdc
I'm trying to get my two dominos out w/o having to remove the rocks. I was running the actincs only last night and dropped some pellets in and I came close to getting one but they seem to know what I am doing. The other fish ignore me and I could scoop them out at anytime. Any bright ideas?

Why is it that the only fish that you are trying to catch is the only one that seems to know what you are doing???

mrdc

Originally Posted by COWFISHRULE
thats what you get for putting damsels in your tank.

my neighbor bought them because they looked "cute". when they started to terrorize everything else, he had to dam near drain the tank to catch them.

Classic case of listening to the LFS's adivice, "Damsels are great fish to start out with!".
I will get my daughter's Disney fishing pole and catch one tonght!

mrdc

Originally Posted by corally
Why is it that the only fish that you are trying to catch is the only one that seems to know what you are doing???

The Dominos do not come out when my hands are in the tank. The other fish have no problem. I can almost but the clown in my hand. The Dominos know they are mean and are lucky to be in there!

jjlittle

I used a fish trap i bought online it worked great for it has a door on it with fishing line and the fish wont hide because you can be across teh room and pull the string and the damcels were the easiest to catch tehy can resist food

worsh

i heard if you turn lights out for a couple hours they will sleep and you can surprise them with the net

millerman

go to w*lmart go to sporting goods get the smallest set of fly fishing hoos you can get flatten out the barb and go fishing. this may work use to do it on my fresh water it may work