Help me identify these please.

jfarris

I wish I could get good pictures of it, but I can't, and even if I could I can't figure out how to save them small enough to attach them.
Anyway, here are my descriptions. On my mushroom rock I have "flowers" that look like thin dandelions. They are very small, there are three or four of them next to each other, they do not pulse, but they do suck back into a tiny, tiny little "stem" on the rock and other then that - they just blow around and look like dandelions. The center of the largest one (the largest one is still half the size of a dime) looks to have a greenish tint. They seem to have a pattern (like very faint circles) on the "petals" which is a bad word for it because it looks like feathers, not petals.
The next one is spreading like crazy on my live rock. It is a pale orange/pink. It has prongs (think like a diamond setting) on either side of it and sometimes in the middle. Some of the "prongs" extend outward and open and close but most of them just grow flat along the rock, although they have not grown bigger then, say a black eyed pea. It looks bubble-ish.
I know that without a picture, it is probably impossible, but I reallly would like any suggestions that you have to offer.
I'm worried the last one is a type of fungus or annoyance.
Thank you in advance.

bronco300

the first sounds like feather duster, harmless filter feeder....the second i have no clue, need a pic for thatis it like a pulsing xenia? look in the hitchhiker thread to see if you can find anything

jfarris

I thought the first one might be a feather duster as well, but I wasn't sure since there seemed to be quite a few of them.
I have scoured the hitchhiker threads, and I can't find anything that looks like this. I'll look further and try and see if I can get a picture of it.
Thank you!