Help me kill my fish!

t316

Originally Posted by Cranberry
http:///forum/post/3175537
I'm not saying having more or less tolerability than another person is right or wrong, of course... it just "is". In some regards I have a high tolerability for suffering... every day in my job I deal with the suffering of little babies. A lot of this suffering I directly cause. You have to have a thick skin to work where I do. But you also have to be uber "soft" to work with the population I do. It's kind of a weird mix.
So you think, having this tolerance I do, I would be the first to let a fish linger on until they pass "naturally". I'll be honest and say I'm probably one of the first to put them down when I feel the suffering outweighs the benefits and existence of suffering.
I totally agree with you here (and you have a tough job btw) but I was referring more to some of the tolerances of the "methods" that have been posted here. We have heard everything from the slow death of freezing, to various concoctions for poisoning, to getting him so drunk he kills over. For pete's sake, take a meat cleaver and whack his head off...he won't be suffering then. (See, I have no bedside manners...I know). But my point was that none of us like suffering, we just differ on how some people can handle the act of ending that suffering.

mie

You also have to be sensitive to the feelings of those around you. Especialy the wifey.