help me name that fish & coral plz

ajwaters

Okay. this is the fish. I saw him about a month ago and looked him up on the pc. now I must be calling him the wrong thing. I though it was a Green Head Canary Blenny.
Forgive my pics my tripod is in my hubby's truck. and i have a hard time of taking fish shots anyways.

ajwaters

hmmmmmmmmmm
did a couple searchs on the frogspawn. some pics looked like it others didn't. at the LFS there display tank the coral in it and was a carpet over one of there rocks. pretty big

harlequinnut

I look up my reference book "MARINE FISHES" and it looks very much like "Meiacanthus mossambicus" aka Mozambique Fang Blenny.

harlequinnut

Originally posted by fshhub
harptail blennie maybe?

Did a little more research, the harptail blenny and Mozambique Fang Blenny is the same fish.

obtusewit

I think you are right on both IDs Harlequinnut, you win the beautiful gift behind door number 3 and get to go on to the Big Wheel!
More info on the Harptail --- I love mine, real personality
The Harptail Blenny is an excellent candidate for a reef tank. It is a beautiful, deep golden-yellow with a shadow of green above the eye running under a jet-black dorsal fin.
This Harptail Blenny will appreciate a minimum tank of 30 gallons or larger with live rock. This species will graze on the numerous crustaceans found inside live rock. Harptail Blennies are passive fish rarely bothering other tankmates. This species has the ability to bite the inside of a predator's mouth with its venomous fangs when ingested. The predator will then spit the small fish out of its mouth with no harm done to the blenny.
Like most blennies, the Harptail Blenny requires a meaty diet including finely chopped crustacean flesh, mysid and vitamin-enriched brine shrimp, along with frozen carnivore preparations. These fish should be offered small quantities of food several times per day.
credit to: http://www.***********.com for the info

ajwaters

and i must say i must be has blind has a bat. I looked on that web site. and the Marine fish book and could not find the fish anywhere. have to look again at lunch. I did buy a pill container to start divideing the food to feed serveral times a day but of course couldn't find it. again thanks all

bdhough

the coral... does it have tenticles or "bubbles" its either a frogspawn (tentacles) or a pearl/octobubble. my vote is for the second one though.

ajwaters

well ill try to get a better shot of the coral. I'm glad thought there was no votes for flower pot (right) It has 3-5 longer sweeper tenicals when it eats. im gonna feed the tank soon.

aarone

torch is the winner...
the tenticles on my torch are about 3 inches long right now...make sure you place it alone.