Help me out please

cvrle1

Hello all
I have stumbled upon a site that is carying red see prism skimmer for sale price of $75 US. I would use this succer on a 33G reef tank.
My problem is, I'm not shure how much S&H would be and more importantly how much would I pay duty on it (I live in Canada). $75 US is app. 110-115 Canadian. If someone has any info on this can you please help me out. I saw this skimmer today for $200 at a store I went.

mithrax

Hi, have you checked out ********* , it's canadian. ;)
Sorry, posting other stores in this BB is unauthorized. BurnNSpy
[ May 04, 2001: Message edited by: BurnNSpy ]

cvrle1

I actually went there yesterday and they just opened up, so the store was still a mess. It will be great once they set it up though. Good prices too.
They didn't have anything that would fit my budget though when it comes to skimmers. That's why I wanted to find out how much it would be for this one I saw.
I did find out and I will be ordering it right now.

mithrax

I don't understand that. Why is helping others wrong? This site does not carry dry goods yet. Well, what can you "recommend" to her/him then?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
$200 for a prizm is outrageous! I paid $65 for mine, and the performace is not that great [and I know others will differ with me].

cveach

I disagree, the prizm is worth it's wait in gold. While 200 is far to much to pay, the 60-80 range is far more then fair. A true venturi that is affordable for the size tank most in the hobby have 90gal or below.