Help Me Pick Out a Tang

ric maniac

ive heard they are hard to keep but it would be fun to try an achelies tang. i think goodwin has one, you might want to ask him about them

kevin34

Originally Posted by ric maniac
ive heard they are hard to keep but it would be fun to try an achelies tang. i think goodwin has one, you might want to ask him about them
Ya the Achilles is probably my favorite fish but I think I am going to wait to try one untill I have my own house and a much bigger tank so its more comfortable.
Right now I am kinda leaning towards the red sea sailfin though.

ric maniac

ya the red sea sailfin is definately the second coolest tang in my opinion. and they are easier to take care of.

kevin34

Thanks a lot 2badtrigger. I think I am going to go with a Desjardin tang. Thanks for all the info.

scarface

I have an achilles, awesome fish, had him since oct 06 the tricky part is to get them to eat, once they do they are a model reef citizen fish. I got mine to feed by first placing him in the qt feed it brine shrimp, them starting mixing froze mysis shrimp with it, placed some algea strips and then green flakes and hes been eating ever since, and I have him with a hippo

jhebi

Tangs are beautifull fishes......I just love mine..
I have 2 YT, 2 Blue hippos, 1 PB, 1 Sohal, 1 blonde, 1 Sailfin and 1 Purple....
Also have a Pink tail, 4 chromis, 1 coris wrasse, 1 cardinal and 1 clown fish.
The boss of the tank is the Powder Blue........

Originally Posted by jhebi
Tangs are beautifull fishes......I just love mine..
I have 2 YT, 2 Blue hippos, 1 PB, 1 Sohal, 1 blonde, 1 Sailfin and 1 Purple....
Also have a Pink tail, 4 chromis, 1 coris wrasse, 1 cardinal and 1 clown fish.
The boss of the tank is the Powder Blue........

Hahaha! Yep, he's the boss of my tank so far...
Wow, with that many tangs... how big is your tank???

jhebi

Originally Posted by porthosandjazz
Hahaha! Yep, he's the boss of my tank so far...
Wow, with that many tangs... how big is your tank???
135GL, I was a beginner and bought 2 many tangs without knowing, but luck they are living very happily.....PB are tough mother $@#@@......