Help me plan for my aquapod

dstoneburg

Well, im picking up a used 24g aquapod in the morning. It comes with the 70(75?)watt Metal hilade. Im thinking about using the oceanic stand because It looks so much better. Also is it possible to use a maxijet 1200 for the return? What other mods do people do? I have a tunze nano skimmer im going to be adding aswell. Also putting on a koralia #1. How does this setup sound? Also does the return work? Ive seen a few with the double nozzle returns, is this standard or was it a mod?
I would love any and all advice including pictures from anyone with experience on this type of nano :). Thanks!

elitsoh

a good mod and easy to do ....cut a piece of acrylic to block the lower portion of slots , on the right hand side of tank to make it skimm the top

dstoneburg

I will definitly do that on the acrylic, sounds wonderful. Few more questions, where can I ordered the lockline and y adapter and what exact ones do I need? As I mentioned I purchased the tank used and he no longer had them I guess. It also came with a 70watt MH setup. I need to put in a new bulb and I am thinking a ushio 70 watt 10000°K will that fit in the 70watt fixture they used to supply with the AP24?
SO basically...
Is the usuio 10k 70watt MH bulb good? Should I use a different kind of bulb? which one?
Will it fit in the 70watt current fixture they used to supply with the ap24 tanks?
what size loclines and adapters do I need to order to get the two loclines going?
Thanks!!

yerboy

Originally Posted by dstoneburg
http:///forum/post/2478007
I will definitly do that on the acrylic, sounds wonderful. Few more questions, where can I ordered the lockline and y adapter and what exact ones do I need? As I mentioned I purchased the tank used and he no longer had them I guess. It also came with a 70watt MH setup. I need to put in a new bulb and I am thinking a ushio 70 watt 10000°K will that fit in the 70watt fixture they used to supply with the AP24?
SO basically...
Is the usuio 10k 70watt MH bulb good? Should I use a different kind of bulb? which one?
Will it fit in the 70watt current fixture they used to supply with the ap24 tanks?
what size loclines and adapters do I need to order to get the two loclines going?
Thanks!!
the duel loc line comes with aquapods. yours should have it already. the only bulb that will fit in a 70w fixture is a 70w bulb. You should be fine with a 10k. if you decide you want it with more blue try a 14k bulb.
all 70w mh bulbs are the same size. since there is no mongrel socket 70w bulb that im aware of.

dstoneburg

I purhcased the pod used so it didnt come with the dual loclines. I know a place that sells them, but theres so many sizes and variations, can anyone tell me everything that I would need to get it back to stock. Thanks!

yerboy

Originally Posted by dstoneburg
http:///forum/post/2479507
I purhcased the pod used so it didnt come with the dual loclines. I know a place that sells them, but theres so many sizes and variations, can anyone tell me everything that I would need to get it back to stock. Thanks!
oh sorry, i didn't read the entire post.