Help Me Please!!

alynm22

I am really interested in starting a salt water tank and I need to know what and how much care a take needs. Can anyone give me any advice or help.

clarkiiclo

Read the threads on here. It can be time consuming depending on what size tank you decide to go with.
Do alot of reasearch before getting anything.
Be very patient with everything you do. You cant rush it.

jag3365

Read books. They have a lot of good starter info in them. The Conscientious Marine Aquarist: Robert Fenner is a good one. I also picked up The New MArine Aquarium: Michael Paletta, Saltware Aquariums for Dunmmies, and an Idiots guide to Saltwater Aquariums. All are good starters.
Once you have a plan of action come back and start posting away. It's the best way to get info that you need....specific questions.
Good luck.

sammiefish

I agree... read as much as possible... but it will be fun doing the reading, not like studying for a test!!! As far as for how difficult... Its really not difficult... I found that the less I "mess" with my tank the better it does.
I would say the most important...
1) enough substrate or live rock
2) enough circulation
3) regular water changes with RO/DI water
4) choose your occupants carefully
(not necessarily in that order)
GOOD LUCK

snipe

I found that the less I "mess" with my tank the better it does.
My LFS tells me the same thing lol he said "If it works leave it alone" There is no need of messing with stuff that already works lol cause usually you will just make it worse.