Help me spend my $$$$$$$$$$

Today is me B-day and I have recieved 400 dollars in gift certificates to my lfs.. I would like for everyone tell me how to spend my money. I have a 75 gallon reef tank, with 45 pounds of live rock, blue ricordia, button polyps, star polyps, candy cane coral, colt coral, and one aneome(dont know what kind). I have 3 damsels(that I will be taking out to a smaller tank) and a red serpant star. OK, so that is what I have.....So if anyone could post pics of what they would buy, I would appreciate it....
P.S
I would like it to be hardy
Thanks for the help

richarl5

What's your lighting like?
If I were that lucky, I think I would just buy zoas and other mushrooms (for more color) and then maybe find some really cool fish (definitely do your research on them before buying them).
Other than that, happy birthday!

what do you mean better lights????? I replace my bulbs every 12 months, and I have a skimmer, I guess I forgot to mention that b4. I think my PC has plenty of light for my 75. The coral is thriving, and I wonder why so many people hate on PC's.

teen

Originally Posted by spinylobster
what do you mean better lights????? I replace my bulbs every 12 months, and I have a skimmer, I guess I forgot to mention that b4. I think my PC has plenty of light for my 75. The coral is thriving, and I wonder why so many people hate on PC's.
becuase besides th candy cane you have all soft corals which dont require a lot of light.
also, your gunna have problems adding more rock to your tank. your gunna need to cure it before adding it to your tank unless you can find some way of getting it home without it leaving water.

rbaldino

Originally Posted by teen
becuase besides th candy cane you have all soft corals which dont require a lot of light.
also, your gunna have problems adding more rock to your tank. your gunna need to cure it before adding it to your tank unless you can find some way of getting it home without it leaving water.
Local Fish Stores routinely sell cured live rock that makes it back to the buyer's home just fine. They do this by keeping it damp.

reefforbrains

Happy birthday, my advise would be to put the gift certs. in your back pocket for a few months. Research what you want your tank to look like in the end, then take a few bites towards it.
We all know how easy it is when someone starting a reef to just go ape and really not get anything of long term merit for the long term. New skimmer, light or something quality kinda behind the scenes really sets up for long term success better than going and grabbing a half dozen softies you can keep right now. Its your money and enjoy it. Have fun with it either direction you choose. Happy Birthday

triga22

If you are using it all for the tank this is what you should do. Pocket 100.00. Use 150 for rock. The other 150 get some neat fish and soft corals. Happy B-day

larryndana

Originally Posted by ReefForBrains
Happy birthday, my advise would be to put the gift certs. in your back pocket for a few months. Research what you want your tank to look like in the end, then take a few bites towards it.
I agree. Look around first, don't just go buying. You may want better lighting and more lr....but then again you might just want some cool fish. Where do you see your tank going? sps? :notsure:
take your time.
Oh, happy birthday!!

anthonyjc

Happy Birthday, I would recommend a good book or two as well, you really should know what type of anemone you have in your tank, understanding exactly what you have is key if you want your tank to thrive, good luck though.

Live rock, rad fish, fish book, possible new lighting, new coral, so many choices.
Just take your time, whatever you want to buy will still be there after you research the stuff.
Happy birthday!
Go light some fireworks or something rad

larryndana

Thats a good idea. The New Marine Aquarium is another good one. Can't go wrong with any beginner book for saltwater.

thanks everyone for the advice.............And the bday wishes, I really appreciate it!
I am definently going for the SPS route for my tank, the candy cane was a gift from a friend. I am posting a pick of the anenome, so if anyone could give me an ID, I would appreciate it!!!
Thanks again everyone for the advice.