Help me stay sane

srt8

What is the easiest way to get a fish out of the reef tank without tearing the tank up ? Another mistake by a rookie,we purchased a sweet lips and now I find out the fish needs a large tank and I have a 75 gallon.Right now the fish is small and young, so my friend said he would take him,I'm in no hurry, maybe a fish trap? I swear those fish read my mind, they start acting different as soon as I think net.

slice

Here is a thread on using a fish trap, I've had great luck with it and have loaned it out to others who also had great luck:
https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/384147/remove-a-six-line-wrasse

snazzywhiskers

If the fish trap doesn't work I've been able to catch quite a few fish by feeding the tank and scooping the fish out when it swims to the top. Good luck fishing!

srt8

Thanks,I have not had time yet to try,I will try these methods and if all else fails,I can try the blow gun dart,lol.well,my wife probably won't allow that one :)

sweatervest13

I always feed my tank with a net. This makes the fish very comfortable seeing it everyday. Try that for a week or two and then just scoop the guy you want out up. The blow dart gun does work but the fish do take a while to get back to normal. J/K. LOL.

srt8

Well the fish I was going to trap didn't make it,my first casualty, I noticed since I bought it that it didn't acknowledge when I fed,I tried different ways to no avail, I read clown sweet lips are sometimes hard to get to feed,the only good thing about any of it is now I don't have to try and catch him. I'm still bummed though.

srt8

Trying to decide what fish I will go with next, I may not add any more or just wait a while.As of now I have 5. And they all pretty much get along. 1.Black Occelarius Clown 2.Yellow Tang 3.Banggai cardinal 4.Blue Dot Jawfish 5.Klauswitz Blenny (I like this fish more and more ) Any one have some ideas for a community,smaller interesting fish?

florida joe

Can you post a picture of your tank? Now is the time to set up the ******** of your tank to facilitate the removal of a fish if there is a need