Help Me!!!!!! Urgent!!!

owlett

Yesterday I just added three golf ball sized chunks of live rock to my tank that has been set up for about 5 months. I had a firefish, neon goby and false perc clown. (all been in for about three months)
This morniing the poor goby is all covered in fuzzy white stuffs and the firefish has one on his back. Help!!! What is this stuff?
What happened???? I know it's not ick, doesn't look like salt specks, much fuzzier.
How can I treat them? I can't get them out of the tank since they both hide in the rocks and I don't want them to die but I also don't know what kind of meds to use since I have inverts in the tank as well. Help me!!!

N

newreefers

can you get a picture of it. are you sure it isn't ich???

owlett

pretty sure, it's like lint and you can see through it a little it's kina greyish. I've seen ick before. This stuff isn't like salt.

owlett

no rapid breathing or rubbing. Occasionally picks at the rocks like it wants to get some food there.
Deffinetly not ick
they fuzz is light greyish, looks like slimy lint

owlett

that's what I though it was. But I heard that was really rare. The water wuality is really really good. I haven't added any new fish but I have added just a bit of new live rock and I triummed the carlupra in the tank. Could the fungus come from the live rock?
the rock was cured when I bought it and it wasn't in a tank with fish.

S

simm

Could have come from it. I would QT him before an outbreak of something else appears. Just to be safe.

marinerock

HEY OWLETT,
IT COULD POSSIBLY BE OODINIUM...IT WOULD HAVE
TO BE TREATED IN A HOSPITAL TANK ....HOPEFULLY ONE OF
THE EXPERTS ON HERE WILL POST A TREATMENT PLAN FOR
YOU..... TRY TO SEND BETH OR TERRY A POST....
REGARDS...
MARINEROCK

john f

It is probably NOT oodinium.
From the description I would guess either lymphocystis or cryptocaryon ( ick ).
If I had to put money on it, I would say cryptocaryon.
Oodinium is almost imperceptable to the human eye. Usually the fish are dead before you can see it.
Are the fish behaving normally?
If so I would watch for a couple days before I would panic.
John

john f

Sorry,
Just saw your other thread. Looks like most of the creatures made it OK.
Might mave been a bacterial problem caused by the addition of the live rock.
John