Help Me!!!!

newbfish

Here is the problem, I got a frag of xenia about a week ago. It was doing great until just an couple hours ago. It looked like it was sick so I was looking at it and saw something eating it. It was coming out of a tube. I'm guessing its a tube worm.
I've been reading that the way to get those off would to be a freshwater dip or iodine dip. So I dipped it in iodine then thinking that the iodine left on the coral would unstable my parameter I did a quick dip in freshwater. I stuck it back into the same spot and it looks like its dying. I saw it melting a little but now its just shriveled up. But the real problem is that I can still see some little guys in those tubes!!!
Did I do the dip right?
How long should I dip it for?
Is the Xenia going to be okay?

ajroc31

I am a bad person to give this advice, but I just gave up on them. I have no idea how to take care of them. Mine melted away also, so it might be just one of those things. I tried few times, and while other corals flourished, Xenias just melted away.

misslaina

if the tube worms are just fan worms they are ok.From what I understand you either can grow Xenias or not-- I have them all over my reef tank, some of my friends cannot keep them alive. I know that they soak up nitrates, so if your tank is new, they might not like it.