HELP ! Missing Fish !

mayo

I just spent 2 hours acclimating my new Canary Blenny. . .
When he got in my tank he was great, and he swam around for a long time.
after about 10 mins. . .he dissapeared. . .
I cant find him anywhere!
Should I be worried ? Or is he just hiding ?
Please tell me he's not dead. It's a 29 gal tank, with 2 false percs, one brittle star (not green) and regular clean up crew.
I CANT FIND MY CANARY BLENNY !

jmg

you got any live rock, or places he can hide? hes probably just hiding out... they do that for a little while before they are confortable... the first 10 mins was probably him just finding some territory
but i could be wrong

mayo

i got lots of live rock. . .I really hope he's just hiding. . .I really liked that little dude. . .Should I move the rocks around and try to find him ?
or just let it be
should I try to feed and see if he comes out ?

jmg

try feed, but i wouldnt move the rocks around... hell get confortable and come out

mayo

thank god. . .
i just saw him poke out . . .
little bugger !
he was just hiding. . .thanks for putting my mind at ease.

jmg

well mine are still setting up.... bout a month ago i bought a 20 gallon long to setup a nano reef with a pair of clowns, but the nitrates still high, so gotta wait a little longer, and i also gotta get some new lights and skimmer, so probably be a while before i get any coral, but on my bday (march 1st) i went out and treated myself to a 20 gallon high tank to setup as a puffer tank... all puffers... but now ive decided the male blue damsel can stay as well... so thats all i got.. 2 20 gallons and 2 damsels (one male, one female)

jmg

20 long with 15 lbs live rock although pic has the dead coral which is now in the 20 high, and it also only has 3 lbs live rock

jmg

i also have a 1/2" long hermit crab in the reef, and a inch long hermit crap in the puffer... although he will be leaving once the puffers arrive :D

mayo

dang. . .i love those blu damsels. . .
but they are too agressive for my setup
they are really territorial
i post some pics when i can borrow a digital cam

mayo

my LFS told me that they are fine for like the first few months, but after enough time goes by, they start getting really territorial

neowind

Blennies spend their life hiding in holes waiting for food to come by and they will dart out and eat it. So that will be his normal state hiding with his head poked out sometimes.