Help-mushroom shrinking question

sjk2840

Hi Everyone, its been awhile since I've been on the boards. I have recently added soft corals to my FOWLR set up, I have a few zoas and some button polyps all doing great. My mushrooms seem to be shrinking, they looked amazing for the first month they were in the tank.
Here are my water params:
Ph 8.2
SG .023
Nitrate, nitrite, ammonia all read 0 using a new API test kit.
I'm using RO/DO water
I have a T5ho light fixture- (ATI bulbs) 1 aqua blue special and an actinic both bulbs 54W new as of last month. but no problem with corals until about 2 days ago.
Tank water temp is: 83.3
I don't dose with calcium but I do run a carbon pad in my sump. BTW its a 90 gallon tank.
I did add 2 ecoxotic 48" stunner strips-12000k/445nm blue and 445 nm royal blue on dimmers and 1 panorama pro module 445nm blue over the top of the tank. I'm upgrading to an LED lighting system eventually.(the tank looks amazing with these light on)
Did I shock my mushrooms by adding the LEDs? HELP

mr llimpid

Did you add the LED or you upgrading soon? If you added LED then there is too much light and that is why they are shrinking. Can you dial back on the LED? If so I would do it. If not you may need to some screens under light, use the plastic sliding door screens you get from the hardware store and cut them to size. Add a few and over a few months remove one at a time. If you didn't add new LED's then it will still be the lighting mushrooms do not need a lot of lighting and I would still use the screens.

sjk2840

Thanks for your input. I've dimmed the led lights and the mushrooms are doing better. I did notice today that one of the mushrooms moved from the rock it came on. Its hanging upside down off of a piece of live rock. It must like that spot.

mr llimpid

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjk2840 http:///t/395860/help-mushroom-shrinking-question#post_3525743
Thanks for your input. I've dimmed the led lights and the mushrooms are doing better. I did notice today that one of the mushrooms moved from the rock it came on. Its hanging upside down off of a piece of live rock. It must like that spot.
They will do that, if they don't feel happy they will move to they do. Could to much flow, to much light or the opposite, or any other reason you can think of, lol.

sjk2840

Well it looks like the mushrooms are happy again. They've perked up and look like they did when I first put them in the tank. The LED lights are dimmed and now they can live happily ever after. :)