Help My Anomone Is Floating Around My Tank

fumanchu88

I HAVE A HUGE LONG TENTACLE ANOMONE THAT I LOVE. I CAME HOME AND FOUND HIM SWIRLING IN MY UV STERILIZER WAKE HE WAS JUST FLOATING AT THE TOP SPINNING WILDLY.HE IS STILL ALIVE BUT APPEARS TO BE FILLED WITH AIR.THERE ARE PORTIONS OF HIM STICKING OUT OF THE WATER,HAS ANYONE EVER SEEN THIS IF SO WHAT SHOULD I DO?

scsinet

Shut down your filtration for about 30 minutes. That should allow him to settle down and re-attach to your rocks.

perfectdark

Its prob just inflated and that happens a lot and is a sign of a healthy animal. My guess is it got harrassed by somthing or wanted to change its location and started to move. In the process it either didnt attach properly while negotiation your LR or it moved in front of a PH causing it to release its foot. You can try to put it back where it was originally or shut off your PH and let it find its own spot again.

dogstar

It is possible for foods to produce gasses in anemones that they can expel own there own, most dont normally unattach though....try to use a soft netting or simular to gently hold it down under the water with some type of safe wieghts. For a LTA best to try to hold it down to the sand so it can dig in or dig a hole for it. If its simply traped air from food then should expel it and reattach quickly, a day at most. If its from some other source, air stones or bubbles from pumps or something, then remove the source of the air also......