Help :(!!! My Biocube Lights

gil5280

ok i have had this 12gal bio cube for about 6 months. and out of no were the one light wont turn on, so i change the plug thing to see if it that and it turns on, idk if its the pug thing or wat. soooo i opened it up and took out the bulbs and it wasent that, and now the blue coral one, when it trys to turn on, the bottom of it turns red and it turns of WTH!! so i was wondering wat do i do and if i need to wree can i buy the plug thing, ill buy it used idc i just need one befor my stuff dies!!

flricordia

contact the manufacturer. I also had problems with my lights on my 14gl shortly after buying it. I contacted them and they sent fans instead of lights, then I could never get them to answer again, but you might have better luck. If not there is a place you can buy parts. Can't list it here though but PM and I will give you the link.

peachie98

I've had to replace both tops on my 8 gallon and now more recently my new 24 gallon.
With the 8 gallon I took it back to the store and they exchanged it...and the 24 I had to purchase a new (used) one. Both times it wasn't the ballast, but the hood itself.
Good luck...these things seem to have issues with the hoods.

mrpurple

if you look at your booklet that came with the bc it should say that any upkeep or replacing of the lights and ballasts is at like 9 months so if you contact oceanic they should be more than happy to help you since you are only at 6 and they have like a year warranty i think