Help, my female clown!!!!

ogredawg

Look at her belly on the pictures...It looks like it's turning red or something. Anyone knows what's happening? She got really fat recently and her belly has gotten bigger. She still eats a lot stays under the rocks or any shaded area more.

ogredawg

no, either clowns weren't cleaning any areas or anything like that. the only difference were the female clown were staying in the shade and breathing heavier than usual. She's in a qt right now and I put some melafix to see if she gets better. I'll keep you guys updated. also she looks like she developed couple of white spots that seems to be sign of lymp.

mscarpena

I have been breeding clownfish for about 3.5-4 years now and I agree 100% that she had/has eggs in her belly. I do not think you should have removed her. I would put her back in the tank. Also she did not clean off a rock because there is a smooth clean area slightly to the left of your RBTA. I would put her back in the tank ASAP. If she has any spots it's do to the move and the stress of being remove from her happy place and mate. At this point she may or may not lay eggs or as you call it she may get better because if there is not suitable place she will re-absorb her eggs. This will not hurt her, but the stress may. Re-evaluate the situation and if she has not diseases return her to the tank immediately.

ogredawg

Mscarpena:
dang it!!! no way!!! :( does that mean she's going to die? The main reason why I put her in the qt is because she cut her chin and it got infected so I'm dosing melafix in the qt right now. The wound/infection seems to be almost gone, but she has couple of spots (looks like acne, not ich). so that might be the spots you're talking about. and her last white band, the one close to the tail, has turned red. Just like the mark in the picture except it's on the whole band. Can you tell me what to do right now. Should I leave it in the qt for the next couple of days so she doesn't get too stressed from moving, or take her out tonight when the lights goes off. She's been breathing pretty hard (is this because she has eggs?) even before I put her in the qt, but she's eating really well and still very active when she sees me.
I'll post pics later

ogredawg

By the way, I did something really stupid. I thought she was going to pass within couple of days, so I went and bought a new clown and it's in the qt with her right now. it's way smaller than her and I'm sure it's not a female. Now should I worry that they'll pair up. If yes, then what happens when I put her back in the main tank. Would she still pair up with the old male clown or not. Man this is like soap opera, I might have started a love triangle :) lol.. ok no more laughing sorry...