Help!! My gramma has gone missing!

annekins37

I saw my gramma yesturday before a water change and now he's gone and my cat isn't talking. I know my cat isn't smart enough to get it out of the tank (just trust me on this) but is the gramma smart enough to jump out. My cat might eat it if she found it flopping around. I was worried about it this morning so I pick up all my rock looking for it. I've got a lot of crevices, can they cling to those? I tried to turn all of the rocks upside down incase he's dead but no bodies came out in the water. Please help!

starfish79

I do know that royal grammas can jump. I have one and when I do water changes if the temp is to cold he can get freked out and swimm all over. They also like to hide, So hopefully he is just hiding really good. Maybe try moving the rocks again, especially his favorite ones.
Good luck, keep us posted.

sweetdawn

missing one day and you panic? i have had fish hide for weeks and they turn up.i have a five gallon nano that has a yellow damsel in it i didnt see him for a few days so i stopped feeding the tank three weeks later i see him dart behind a rock. were talking one rock in this tank and i couldnt find the fish. if your like me when you chose your live rock you looked for interesting pieces with lots of openings for water flow. moving the rocks around is just going to stir up things leave the tank alone. make sure any openings are covered so if he hasnt jumped out he wont be able to in the future. and try feeding the fish a treat he might come out for something good

J

jesses89

i havent seen my royal gramma in 3 days....
i stuck my hand by where it used to hangout to clean my powerhead.... and he darted to the other side of the tank freaked out.. hid behind the rocks there...im guessing hes still there.. but i havent seen him/her in three days...
anyone know how to tell the --- difference?