Help!My lionfish looks sick

805puffer

The picture is a picture of his tail and it is hazy, but i hope that helps a little. He finally ate for me today, but his back fin is all the way gone. Thanks

tthemadd1

Not sure what the bugs were that were on him. But do you have copper in your QT? If there are bugs on him, that will kill them. It takes a few weeks to really do the job. You could try a freshwater dip, although I would wait until you get a few others that suggest this. if he is stressed this might not be the best way..(fresh water dip)... Not sure what else to suggest. I would recommend trying to identify what kind of bugs were on him. There is a post on this site with some photos of hitchhikers. Also try doing a search of "pods" There are plenty of photos with great info. Good luck and I hope the Lion survives.

stessman

About what you guys said earlier about the lions not being aggressive eaters, i would have to dissagree. I had a lion a while ago he was just small yet and he went afeter one of the damsles i had in with him. Well i looked at my tank one day and the damsle was halfway sticking out of his mouth, the lion tried eating him but didnt have a big enough mouth and the damsle got stuck. it was quite an ordeal trying to get the damsle out of him and trying not to get stung at the same time.

805puffer

It kind of sounds like they are pods, but they don't hang on the glass and don't really look looke jelly fish. In my tank they are on/under the gravel and you can actually see them moving a piece of krill, when it is on the gravel. thanks

805puffer

does anyone know what's wrong with my lion. He finally ate, but his back fin or tail is all the way gone. is there any medicine to put in there. i need help. thanks