help my naso!!!

My naso tang was stuck to my jet. It now has grill marks on it's side. Has anyone had a fish recover from this? My cleaner wrasse is trying to clean it and my foxface is hanging out with it.

lmforbis

I'd observe it without moving unless it has open wounds, in which case id use hospital tank.

I'd observe it without moving unless it has open wounds, in which case id use hospital tank.
Thankyou. I checked on it this morning and it seemed better. It ate fine but my cleaner wrasse won't leave it alone. The wrasse wants to pick at its tiny wound. I did unplug the jet for now

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Agree to leave him be. He will very likely recover on his own especially if he starts to eat and act normal.

150 gallons. ...this morning I woke up an it was on the bottom. I think it has internal damage. Sad to see this. I was hoping that it would recover. It is in the nurse tank right now.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
You will need to get a screen for your powerhead intake to prevent this in the future. Most fish do not get pulled into an intake unless it is weakened already. How has this fish been doing up until now?