Help my Porcupine please!

little fish

I have a 3 inch Porcupine Puffer that usually eats until his belly looks like it has a bowling ball in it. The past week he won't eat, he acts like he is very hungry, appears to "taste" the food, but will not eat it. I have had this fish for a year and this is the first time this has happened. I am scared that he is sick. He looks and acts perfectly healthy. Water tests appear fine. Any Ideas?? Please help.

ja

My porqepine puffer is very picky. He will aways look hungry and he will eat to excess but if I dont give him what he likes he will nibble and not eat. At this moment all he likes is clumps of frozen brine shrimp and feeder guppies. He has spit our frozen silversides, shrimp, krill, and mussel. So if you changed what you fed him when he was eating you might want to experiment with differnent foods that he will eat. P. puffers take on a personality all there own so just think of him as your picky little children. Only you cant tell puffer that there are children in China that are starving. Ha.

little fish

Thanks guys! I haven't changed his food and nothing is missing in the tank. I will try feeding him some of the suggested foods and see if this helps! Maybe he is just tired of the same old thing, Spoiled brat.

porkypuffer

I FEED MINE FROOZEN SHIMP. THE ONES THAT ARE PEELED. I CUT THEM UP AND MY PUFFER SUCKS THEM DOWN, HINCE THE NAME, MISS PIGGY.
ANOTHER THOUGHT, DOES HE APPEAR TO BE SCRACTHING ON ANYTHING.
[This message has been edited by PORKYPUFFER (edited 09-28-2000).]