Help!!!!!!!!!!!!my Tang Has Ick On Fins

n.y.mets

:needhelp:
:needhelp: JUST BOUGHT A YELLOW TANG TODAY MY BROTHER SAID IT HAS ICK ON ITS FINS I HAVE NO HOLDING TANK CAN I PUT IT FRESH WATER?? OR BRING IT BACK TO MY LFS :needhelp: :needhelp: :needhelp: :needhelp: :needhelp:

philgmiami

Originally Posted by N.Y.METS
:needhelp:
:needhelp: JUST BOUGHT A YELLOW TANG TODAY MY BROTHER SAID IT HAS ICK ON ITS FINS I HAVE NO HOLDING TANK CAN I PUT IT FRESH WATER?? OR BRING IT BACK TO MY LFS :needhelp: :needhelp: :needhelp: :needhelp: :needhelp:
put your food in some onion dip,that might help

dillon

If you just got it from the lfs, take it back. I learned the hard way that a quarantine tank is a must. If it is in your main tank already consider removing all your fish and letting it go empty for 6 weeks. If that isnt an option best results I have had are using 2 garlic cloves it seems to get rid of ich for my Regal.
Good luck

schadiest1

yes, feed garlic! that stuff works wonders for ick. they have pellets and they have liquid form that you can soak your fish food in before feeding. also, garlic will help build the fishes immune system.

monalisa

Originally Posted by philgmiami
put your food in some onion dip,that might help

Onion dip????
Lisa :happyfish

dillon

I was very suspicious that garlic would work. The owner of my lfs recommended it and I was at a loss of what else to do.
To be fair let me tell the whole story so you may draw your own conclusions.
Ich appeared on my Regal..they are very susceptible to it.
Guy from the fish store recommended garlic.
2 cloves cut in half dropped in the tank.
2 days later no VISIBLE spots, not rubbing against the rocks.
6 weeks later again ich....2 more cloves plus took one and minced it. The fish ate it so fast. 2 days later no spots. 2 weeks later no spots.
Are there free "tomonts(SP)" still waiting to reinfect? Are the gills still being attacked? I dont know what I do know is the fish appear to be healthy.
If I have a reinfestation I will set up a quarantine tank, bought a 10 gal at a garage sale, and let the main tank go fallow for 6 weeks to cure it. No fish no disease.
I hope this helps some of you
Bob

n.y.mets

Originally Posted by Dillon
I was very suspicious that garlic would work. The owner of my lfs recommended it and I was at a loss of what else to do.
6 weeks later again ich....2 more cloves plus took one and minced it. The fish ate it so fast. 2 days later no spots. 2 weeks later no spots.
Are there free "tomonts(SP)" still waiting to reinfect? Are the gills still being attacked? I dont know what I do know is the fish appear to be healthy.
If I have a reinfestation I will set up a quarantine tank, bought a 10 gal at a garage sale, and let the main tank go fallow for 6 weeks to cure it. No fish no disease.
Bob
ok will try garlic will let everyone know in 2-3days thanks

n.y.mets

ok will try garlic will let everyone know in 2-3days thanks
i put 1st garlic powder in my tank as i ate pizza
than i put some minced garlic in my tank,then i put 2 garlic cloves cut in half in my tank
day1 later no sign of ick on my tang thanks alot
but my tank smells like garlic

philgmiami

ok i cut up 2 small garlic cloves how long do i leave them in???
when theres no signs on vampires :hilarious .mike, chec out what i found in my overflow,some kind of weird worm, dont know if its good or bad,,its dead now though

joec21

Originally Posted by philgmiami
when theres no signs on vampires :hilarious .mike, chec out what i found in my overflow,some kind of weird worm, dont know if its good or bad,,its dead now though
way to high jack the post.

hot883

Originally Posted by Dillon
Bob
Are you stilll ich free?

hot883

i put 1st garlic powder in my tank as i ate pizza
than i put some minced garlic in my tank,then i put 2 garlic cloves cut in half in my tank
day1 later no sign of ick on my tang thanks alot
but my tank smells like garlic

Any signs if ich yet?