Help needed from the T5 experts

hammerhed7

I have a nova pro 6X39 watt on my 46 reef. I am still running the bulbs it came with (3 10,000 K, and 3 Actinic). The bulbs are about 14 months old, and I am looking into replacing them. I was looking for suggestions as to which brand/temp bulbs to get.
Thanks,
Jim

culp

Originally Posted by Hammerhed7
http:///forum/post/2998146
Thanks Bob, any suggestions on temp? would 3 420's and 3 10,000 do it, or is there a better combo?
there a lot better combo's than that.
a friend of mine has this combo and he has great growth and i love the color of his tank. and it's the combo i want to go with for my tank.
ATI Blue Plus
UVL 75/25
ATI Blue Plus
GE 6500K Daylight
ATI Blue Plus
ATI Aquablue

pbienkiewi

I used the combo of:
ATI Blue plus
Aquablue
UV AquaSun
Giesemann Pure Actinic
Aquablue
ATI Blue plus
The new bulbs do look good but the bulbs that came with the light were junk. My mistake was I put all of the new bulbs in and did not acclimate the corals to the new bulbs. Everything is doing awsome now.

reefraff

Anything that isn't current brand lamps is an improvement

I am liking the UVL Actinic White for adding red now.
Front
ATI Blue Plus
UVL Super Actinic
UVL Actinic White
ATI Blue Plus
GE 6500K Daylight or Giesemann Midday
ATI Blue Plus

hammerhed7

I agree the current brand lamps are garbage, but I put the fixture on with the intention of changing the bulbs immediately, and here I am a year later. I have honed my procrastination to a science.
I am glad I asked this question as I would have not thought to use these combos. I notice you guys recommend more blue than I would have gone with. I am looking for an end product around 14K, I like the blue tint, but I don't want the blue to be overpowering.
Thanks for the help guys.

05xrunner

i have
Blue+
Aquablue special
aquablue special
Blue+
its a 14k color I would say..has a tint of blue to it..Not enough for me really...I might try to replace a aquablue with another blue+ and see how that goes

dotheevolution

Originally Posted by Culp
http:///forum/post/2998253
there a lot better combo's than that.
a friend of mine has this combo and he has great growth and i love the color of his tank. and it's the combo i want to go with for my tank.
ATI Blue Plus
UVL 75/25
ATI Blue Plus
GE 6500K Daylight
ATI Blue Plus
ATI Aquablue
I might also try this combo.