Help! New Berlin Turbo Skimmer

donna2933

I just got a new Turbo Berlin Skimmer and I was wondering if someone whould give advice on what setting worked best for the shimming. I have the flow at a decreased level. I had it turned up to increase and I was getting air bubbles out of the return. Any advice on this skimmer on this will help.

total

I use the Classic model on my 55. Now I feed it with a mag drive 700 gph pump which I have to valve down or I will get bubbles in the tank. On the turbo It comes with Its own pump. I would think the psi is correct so you problem is in the air valve. When I do water changes my skimmer gets filled with bubbles so I turn it down for a day or two, not off just way down so its only a small tornado churning. After a day or two turn it up a little. The next day turn it up a little more. After about 5 days it should have a nice tornado and it will be cleanning out the crap.
Also make sure the water outlets are higher then the water its pouring back into (sump tank). Also make sure the skimmer is leavel. If its not the bubbles will not go up to the collection cup. They will get trapped on the lip and never make it all the way up. Good luck
TTFN

kdlbem

Donna, we just put a berlin classic on our 75gal. It was a PAIN for almost two weeks, constantly had to adjust it(sometimes 5 times a day), and lots of bubbles in the tank. If the turbo is anything like the classic, this is normal, while it "breaks in".Once it starts working, you'll love it! I did put a large piece of drilled pvc in the sump filled with filter floss and a sponge on top for the return lines to flow into(to cut down on the bubbles). Also had to put a 3/4 ball valve to control the flow. If you want a pic of it, E-mail me at KDLBEM@aol.com . HTH,
B
[ May 02, 2001: Message edited by: KDLBEM ]

donna2933

I do not have a picture of the Berlin Turbo that I can download. I do have bubbles coming back into the tank, but not air bubbles since I turned the flow regulator low. I'm just not sure if I have the right amount of air.