HELP!! Newbie Mistake!!

wilson0427

Well guys, nothing died during the night. The manderin is still kickin'. It may be a few months before we get the larger tank. The manderin is tiny. Do you think if I buy copepods he'll be OK for about six months (once purchased it will need time to cycle)?
Leigh

aztec reef

That's the best you could do at this point. It's kind of early to have a mandarine in a 1mo old tank. They need a mature tank with lots of live rock to provide nursery for pods, or you can keep adding them..Mandarines have a really Special diet..and if they don't have sufficient food source, even if it eats prepared foods, it will still starve and die. I would traded In and get a hardier fish(if you think this idea is lame).
Then all i can say keep him well fed and water quality optimal.

snaredrum

I guess I'm just lucky, but I buy my saltwater premixed from my LFS. I only need 5 gallons at a time and all his parameters are the same except temp. So I take care of that before I add it to my tank. 5 gallons of premixed (Oceanic Mix) cost $4.60 with tax. I can't hardly mix it myself for that price. By the way, its a 29 BioCube.

aztec reef

well i guess your LFS keeps their salinity high. Or do you keep yours Low?
Usually LFS keep their salinity Low.