Help Now!!!!! Fish Dying!!!!

jg303030

I came home and tested all the tanks and bucket. Still confused!
75 gallon=
Salt=1.023
PH=8.2
Nitrite=0
Ammonia=.25
Nitrate=>20-40
Bucket with live rock and water from last night.
Salt=?
PH=8.2
Nitrite=0
Ammonia=.25
Nitrate=>40
10 gallon (not so emergency tank)
Salt=?
PH=8.2
Nitrite=.50
Nitrate=>20-40
Ammonia=.50
I added aragamilk which is a calcium supplement and supposed to help stabalize alkalinity. Should I do a water change on the 10 gallon? There are still my clowns and cardinal in it, alive, so far! Should I move them back upstairs? I'm so confused and just need someone else to take care of these guys!!! I'm not giving up! I'll keep going until I kill every last one of them!(':confused:') Please any info would be great.

ophiura

I have to ask why you added a calcium supplement to stabilize alkalinity if you don't have an alkalinity or calcium reading? :) This is where if there are potential pH issues, the hole picture is important. So I would hold off adding calcium (which actually can reduce alkalinity....drastically in some cases) until you can get a reading on alk and calcium in addition to pH.
What brand test kits are you using?
A water change on the hospital would probably not be a bad idea - not a drastic one but perhaps a series of smaller one's to try and get the readings down.
Are these fish in there because they are showing signs of illness or because you don't know what is going on in the main tank?
How are the fish in the main tank looking/behaving?

jg303030

They all "act dead" they are in their because I thought it was the safest and they are the smallest. I'm confused on which one is safer and where to put them. I'm just leaving them now though because I'm keeping my hands out!!!
I don't know the brand name put it is a drops kit.

sammiefish

two words...
water changes...
there is some anti-ammonia stuff you can add to the tank... maybe someone who knows anything about that stuff could comment..
good luck