help on which pump??

mpls man

i'm looking at the Dolphin 4000/3000 Amp Master External or the
Dolphin 3200/2700 Amd Master External pump.
what i'm doing is a basement sump, the approx distance from the sump will be 8-10' , i'm thinking i would be ok with the 4000/3000 pump but i'm not sure,
the tank...
110 gallon oceanic rr with duel overflows rated at 600 gph
what i'm thinking is having all 4 holes for the drains and having the return go directly to a Ocean Motion wavemaker
i would also like to run my pacific coast chiller through the pump as well which will require 3-400 gph
all the help will be great!

mr. green

Not an expert on this, but you will have some head loss going the distance. If you look on the pumps web site, usually you can find the loss per foot or something like that. Also, you lose some going through pipes, elbows, etc. One thing I have learned is that distance kills

turningtim

Not really sure what you're going after? Your OF's can handle 1200gph combine?
Google head loss calculator, there are several on the net that you can input all your fittings, shut-offs,unions and total vert/hort length. You can than select a pump and end flow will be displayed.
This should get you in the ballpark......

mpls man

Great thank you TurningTim . i was looking at the dolphin ampmaster pump for energy eff. do you have any knowledge with these? the 3200/2700 model

turningtim

I don't know about the amp masters but I have used and still use dolphin pumps. I had an dp800 that I got with a used tank I bought and it finally quit. Now my return is a dp900 and I have a dp2000 in my mixing tank.
I like the ones that I have. They seem to do the job......
But with your set-up I think it may be to much pump for the OF. I really think you need to hit one of the calculators and see what the flow will be.......