help pickin out lights for 90 gal

evilss

i need some help from some of you reef guys on what lights to get for my 90 gallon tall tank. the dimensions are 36 x 18 x 31. i have been keeping aggressive and never really needed great lights. i do plan on keeping some corals and this 90 gal is going to be a reef tank. so any suggestions would be very appreciated. thanks in advance.

N

nereef

coralife makes a great 3foot 150 watt + two compact fluorescent bulb combo light.

evilss

do you think the 150w and the pc's are enough light for such a deep tank? i have looked at those lights myself. just didnt know if that would be enough.

gandolf8

say i know a place were they have a good price on lighting and I would go with 250 watts. I dont think i can post there web site here so if you want to email me.

N

nereef

is the tank 18" deep or 31" deep? if it's 31" deep you will either need more watts of halide or need to always place high light requiring corals high in the tank.

evilss

the tank is 18" deep and 31" tall. i just dont know if i should go with a 1 mh and pc set up or 2 mh and pc.

N

nereef

one metal halide will cover a 2 x 2 square area. i would use one high wattage halide bulb.