HELP! Please. 5-6 weeks in

jg303030

I've done my first water change. I am going to wait 3-4 more weeks and then get started on corals/anemones any suggestions. I think my first is going to be a hairy mushroom from the LFS. Any other suggestions would be great. I have a bi-color angel so I need help picking ones he hopefully won't nibble on.(':scared:')Thanks.('
')

whaa...?

those rock formations and percuals clowns are B-E-A-UTIFUL.........
the only cooler clowns around are the Black Onyx true percuala clowns
here is a pic........so rare $200.00 for a mating pair
Black Onyx True Percula Clownfish
(Amphiprion percula)
Quick Stats
Minimum Tank Size: 30 gallons
Care Level: Moderate
Tank Conditions: 72-78°F; sg 1.020-1.025; pH 8.1-8.4; dKH 8-12
Max. Size In Aquarium: Up to 3"
Color Form: Black, Orange, White
Temperament: Semi-aggressive
Reef Compatible: Yes
Diet: Omnivore
Compatibility: View Chart
Origin: Papua New Guinea
Family: Pomacentridae
The Black Onyx True Percula Clownfish originates from the reefs of Papua New Guinea, and are a hard find in the trade. They are a beautiful species of clownfish with the classic patterns of black, orange and white. The female of the pair is the larger of the two fish, and will also be the aggressor of the two. This is an uncommon find, and will add beauty to any saltwater fish only or reef aquarium.
The Black Onyx True Percula Clownfish does best in an aquarium of 30 gallons or larger with plenty of live rock. They may form relationships with the following species of anemones; Carpet (Stichodactyla sp.), Sebae (Heteractis crispa), Bulb (Entacmaea quadricolor), or Ritteri (Heteractis magnifica). Always be sure that your aquarium and lighting system will support the needs of the host anemone before incorporating one into the aquarium.
The Percula Clownfish, like several other clowns, can be bred in the aquarium, and is one of the most common "starter" fish for saltwater breeders. They will typically spawn within the proximity of the base of the host anemone. The fry are very small after hatching and must be fed rotifers or natural copepods in order to survive.
In nature, the Percula Clownfish is an omnivore. Offer a varied diet of mysis and vitamin enriched brine shrimp, and a quality flake food.

jg303030

Thanks for the compliment.
Why are anenomes bad news? What type of corals can I get? I was told that these angels are probably the best at not eating corals. Some may nibble, but that's it. If I get an anenome and he nibbles he might stop? Learning through shock therapy? smilie(':)')

sandman12

If u want a nice reef they are bad news. Most move alot and when they move they sting other corals but if ur lucky ull get one and it will stay in one spot. Plus MH light is highly recamended. I was always under the impresion that flame angels are the best dwarf angels to try with reefs. Good luck with w/e u do. Tank is looking good.

D

dboy999

that scooter blennie is going to die jg you should take him back or give to someone with a well established.They live off pods an you have nowhere near enough pods at 6 weeks let alone 6 months .Atleast a year ..an not nearly enough live rock for the pods to grow hide etc...sorry to be a bummer just hate to see rookie mistakes bin through them all.He may look healty now but gaurentee he dies if you keep him

jg303030

He eats everything though. He even eats some of the bloodworms. For some reason he and the tang like bloodworms. All the other fish hate them. If he is supplementing his diet he will still die? Thanks for the info.

D

dboy999

NO HE WILL NOT DIE IF HE'S SUPPLEMENTING HIS DIET .BUT VERY,VERY UNCOMMON FOR THEM TOO.I WOULD KEEP A CLOSE EYE HE MAY JUST APPEAR TO BE EATING THE WORMS AN JUST SPITTING THEM OUT...GOOD LUCK ..

J

jdragunas

You definately have to have a very established tank for blennies. I have two lawnmower blennies. One's older (about 3.5 inches) and one's just a baby (only 1 inch) I also have two clowns. I feed the clowns a frozen mix of brine and mysis shrimp, and the baby blenny eats that stuff, but the older one has basically eaten almost all of the algae off of my live rock, and i've only had him for a week... I didn't realize that they ate that much.

jg303030

My blenny is small 1" maybe. He definitley eats them but always blows dirt and other stuff out the back of his neck. Thanks for the help.

wax32

"Scooter Blennies" aren't actually blennies, they are dragonets like the so-called "Mandarin Goby."

rubberduck

Originally posted by wax32
"Scooter Blennies" aren't actually blennies, they are dragonets like the so-called "Mandarin Goby."

:yes: