Help Please! Concerned..

jess74

I just came back from my LFS and I got some rock and corals, etc. I was working in the tank arranging things and stupid me I didn't take the time to move my Kalk drip container and open the top of the canopy.
I accidentally bumped my MH bulb with my glove and I heard it sizzle but thankfully the bulb didn't explode. I turned the light off, but I'm concerned now if I turn the light back on is the bulb weak and could it break?? :confused:
I feel dumb asking this question but I'm still new to the MH lights. Is it safe to keep using that bulb or should I get a new one? I did learn my lesson! :rolleyes:

nas19320

Take the bulb out of the socket and inspect it for cracks, if you see even a hairline crack, trash it.

jess74

Thank you!
There are smudge looking marks on the bulb (where the glove touched it), but I will wipe that off and look for cracks. Thanks again! :)

kelly

Jess,
What part of PA are you from and where are you going to school? Be careful with the bulb, I would recommend that when you fire it up, that it is not over the aquarium.
Kelly

jess74

Hi Kelly,
I'm in Eastern PA (approx. 30 min. E of Harrisburg). I used to live 1 hour South of State College. I'm getting my degree online through the Art Institute of Pittsburg.
Thanks for the advice; I didn't find any cracks but will be cautious when it fires in the morning. :)