Help Please!! Crazy Hitchhiker

monkdaily

i got a peice of live rock. and when i get home to put it in the tank there was a Flame Hawkfish in the rock it looked a lil sick so i gave it a fresh water dip for like 5 mins and is now back in saltwater. i dont have a QT so wut should i do. i mean he was free?!?! like 40 bucks on SWF so i need input!! if anyone has a QT and would like it they can have it for 10bucks hahaha pick up only haha! but i still need as wut to do with him keep in in a bucket for a few days or wut??

sambasam

Originally Posted by monkdaily
i got a peice of live rock. and when i get home to put it in the tank there was a Flame Hawkfish in the rock it looked a lil sick so i gave it a fresh water dip for like 5 mins and is now back in saltwater. i dont have a QT so wut should i do. i mean he was free?!?! like 40 bucks on SWF so i need input!! if anyone has a QT and would like it they can have it for 10bucks hahaha pick up only haha! but i still need as wut to do with him keep in in a bucket for a few days or wut??
is it a new tank? you can take it to your LFS and get store credit

monkdaily

not really my tank is 4 months old goby 2 yellow tale damsels domino dalsel S&S puffer. just added cured and cultured live rock peice bout 3lbs. and in the cave was the fish they dont know i have it so i cant relly return it. plus he looks sick so i dont think ill get store credit.

sambasam

well if hes been in the tank for 24hrs whatever desease he might have will already be all over your tank so you can keep him because now theres not much to lose. i if you can get a large "breeding net" so you can keep a good eye on him. and feed him more than the others so he can nurse back to health.

monkdaily

he hasent been in my tank yet i just got home 1 hr ago and the rock is in my tank but the fish is in a bucket on my counter right now?? but i dont know how long he will last in there.

monkdaily

anybody have any thought hes been in a bucket of my tank water for 3 hrs. hasent die yet so......i think he look sick cuz he might have got a lil crushed by the LR cuz i had no idea he was there. but other than that hes a survivor.