help please is this a real phoenix bulb

sea n life

hello everyone i just got my new bulbs there 14k but the bulb doesnt say phoenix all the other brands i have had has the name right on the bulb and it dont say 14k it says blue and made in china and PEC LAMPdoes this sound right thanks

flricordia

Phoenix does nto always have the name on it 'Phoenix'. Mine don't. If they were not on right now I would look, but I do know that they do not say 'Phoenix'. Many bulbs along with many other products such as cameras for example (just a change in the housing), are manufactured by a generic co that puts a brand name on it and sends it to the brand name co to sell as their own. Nothing new, been going on forever. THe brand name co specifies certain specs and physical details.
If the sheet that came with the bulb says it is a Phoenix and states that the name is not on the bulb, does nto mean a thing. It is most likely a good bulb with a nice color output.
Oh, and any 14K is going to look better than 10K

flricordia

I jsut saw the MADE IN CHINA you posted. Phoenix are made in Japan as far as I know. You may not have a Phoenix. Must have been an ebbbaaayyy purchase?
Still does not mean anything. I have a buddy local that uses the China bulbs over his sps tank and they preform awesome. Just has to change them out more often.

sea n life

thanks and i messed up it says made in japan its the same bulb above in the pic so i guess its a phoenix wasnt a ebayyyyyyyy but i did buy it 3 hours away and i didnt want to drive back but anyway thanks for all the help