help please

M

mike6969n

:help:
ok everyone i know it has been a long time since i logged on, but i really need some advice. i have a 55 gal setup and running and has been set up a little over a year now. i found out that i was going to be moving about 7 months after i started setting up my tank. i have about 50lbs of liverock and a few hermits, a sally light foot crab, a fire shrimp and a few snails. i also have about 6 little polyps( i started off with just one, but it has multiplied since then. anyway back to the question. i have now moved and my aquarium is still at my old residence. (about an hour and a half away) i go back and forth to do maintenance and my old roomate is also helping to take care of it. the question is how do i move everything up to my new apt. i bought a new aquarium a 65gal, but i don't know how i am going to be able to move everything. i plan on purchasing new sand and some more liverock, i thought about just putting the new sand and liverock in the tank and letting it cycle and then bringing everything else up here, but i don't have another filtration system to filter the water, what should i do?
any advise would be appreciated.
thanks,
mike

jjlittle

Being you dont have an extra filtration system for new deal then I would get a garbage can load rock & water in there put you live stock in bags. put sand in 5 gal buckets. Do all at once pick all up and transfer you want to keep as much sand & water as possible to help prevent a cycle from happening. Good luck