Help Please

oak

I was feeding my firefish and just sat down and my moon lights just fell in the tank. They started realeasing some blue stuff in a small stream and the bulbs went out. I immediately took them out and the LEDs went on. It might have been the atinics that made it blue. It might have been stray voltage. I just wanted to know what it might be and if it is harmful to inverts or fish.

autofreak44

could be something from the manufacturing left over (flux or something) or it could have been some kind of pigment to give the led's their color. in a situation like that, the best thing to do is a large water change and cross your fingers if you dont know what it is.

oak

Originally Posted by autofreak44
could be something from the manufacturing left over (flux or something) or it could have been some kind of pigment to give the led's their color. in a situation like that, the best thing to do is a large water change and cross your fingers if you dont know what it is.
Okay thanks but how much water should I take out 25% or what.

devil dog

how big is your tank? If it's over 100g and it was a small amount that want in the tank i would not think about it to much... But I would Watch and see if you see any difference in your live stock...

oak

Originally Posted by Devil Dog
how big is your tank? If it's over 100g and it was a small amount that want in the tank i would not think about it to much... But I would Watch and see if you see any difference in your live stock...
It is a 12 gallon but it has 7 gallons of water in it.

symon

I'll bet you saw the electrical sizzle stream,(stray voltage) atinics probably made it look blueish. Your probably alright, watch you critters and see if it has affected them, same thing happened to me , all was ok!

oak

Originally Posted by Symon
I'll bet you saw the electrical sizzle stream,(stray voltage) atinics probably made it look blueish. Your probably alright, watch you critters and see if it has affected them, same thing happened to me , all was ok!
That's originally what I thought. Thanks