Help Please

auroradrvr

Mix up a teaspoon of baking soda with a cup of RO water. Then over the course of an hour or so, slowly add the mixture. Check pH half way through, if you are raising it too quickly (more than .1pH per hour), postpone use, and readjust to accomodate. After then end of the hour, and cup of baking soda/RO mix, recheck pH.
Contine to do this until pH has risen sufficently. Do not raise it more than .1 an hour, and leave atleast an hour between doses.
IMHO, I do not believe you need to worry about it tonight. Just aim one of the powerheads towards the surface of the tank, so it creates a wake.

scarke

Thanks for all your suggestions and help. I really appreciate the info on the baking soda and we didn't know about the mixing of RO water in advance. Good to know.
We'll try the baking soda tomorrow morning and cross my fingers tonight that there won't be any more casualities.
It's amazing how attached to these fish you can get.

Thanks again.

small triggers

also, check your PH befor doing the baking soda. It does take time to get the SG and PH up after mixing the water (which is the reason you need to let it mix for 24 hours) ALSO,, the mixer you use for the saltwater,, did you use it for anything before? If so it could have residual that has been building up in your tank. Personally, i just use 5 gallon buckets (old salt buckets) to mix my water with a heater and a powerhead and let it mix for 24 hours before doing a water change.