I have recieved a
PS 75 Hang on Protien Skimmer
for my 55 gallon tank for Christmas.
My tank has been set up for over
A year and two months and i just
decided to get one
Wish i would
have sooner!! I followed the instructions
very carefully and got it put together...
I got it on my tank and everything. And it
works...but isnt the collection cup suppose to
get foam in it?? Mine wont get anything but water
in it and in the reaction chamber i see TINY bubbles.
i am very confused on how this is suppose to work..
comeone please explain!!

keebler

It just needs to get broken in. It won't immediately start pumping out skimmate. The foam will build up in the tube and eventually get pushed into the collection cup where it will liquify. Most skimmers don't just start working. Be patient it'll work.

katiebug

ok thank you..very much..How do i keep it the collection cup from overflowing..if i just let it run it will overflow water out..

keebler

Originally Posted by katiebug
http:///forum/post/2893658
ok thank you..very much..How do i keep it the collection cup from overflowing..if i just let it run it will overflow water out..
Oh, I'm sorry I misunderstood. I didn't realize you said the cup was overflowing. Read the instructions and figure out how to adjust it...it should let you. If there is no way to adjust it, then there is another problem. Have you by chance used an additives?

katiebug

i have not added anything. I am to scarred to do anything. I followed instructions.. I see where it adjusts and what not... but when i turn it up it brings the water to high to where if i hadnt turned it down it would overflow..
but when i turn it down it doesnt do anything..

keebler

Originally Posted by katiebug
http:///forum/post/2893680
i have not added anything. I am to scarred to do anything. I followed instructions.. I see where it adjusts and what not... but when i turn it up it brings the water to high to where if i hadnt turned it down it would overflow..
but when i turn it down it doesnt do anything..
Okay, here's a good way to start. Set it so that the water/bubbles are halfway up the tube. Then let it do it's thing, but be patient because it will take a while. Then if the skimmate is watery, adjust it so it doesn't go up the tube so high.