HELP!!! Purple Tang with White Oval like Spots on Stomach!!!!

sefanb

I have an 80 gallon tank in which my Purple Tang has been in for over a year with no problems. Last Friday, I added a Naso Tang to the tank. Today, as I was feeding the tank, I noticed these two big white oval shape spots on both sides of my purple tang stomach. The white spot on the right side of his stomach is about 6 mm and the left side 3 mm in length. Can anyone help me with this as soon as possible? Should I immediately place him in quarantine or will nature take its course? He ate very aggressively - as normal - and he is swimming strongly. Any help is beyond appreciated!

jay0705

First your tank is way too small for those two fish. 2nd there 2 of most aggressive tangs. Its probably them beating the hell out of eachother

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I agree that the tank is too small for even one tang, let alone two.

Can you post a picture of these white spots?

hawkfish203

Wow tang police! 2 most agressive tangs?!?! We don't even know the size of the tangs. I would say there is defenitly some aggression going on there but only due to the length of time the purple has been in the tank before the naso was added. I would consider moving the rock work around so the purple won't feel so at HOME. Post some pics of the purple if you can.

jay0705

Tang police? Ever see a docile yellow eye destroy a coral beauty? I have and there considered docile by tang standards. The purple and naso are alone semi aggressive added together is like playing Russian roulette. Its not if its when.