help quick!!!!!!!

aspen

my hippo had some white things on him when i turned on the light this morning, no it is not ick i know what that looks like, but after the light was on for a while the white spots dissappered they are look like almost fuzzy. by the end of the day they are completly gone but in the morning you can see it again.

aspen

i can try to post one in the morning when the lights have been out but they look like small snowflakes, i guess, i definatly know that it doesnt look like ick. i cant find anything that looks like it on the internet.

three boys

Is it the "skin" of the fish w/the spots or is something actually on the fish? I used to have a naso tang & when I turned the lights on every morning it would get white spots just from being scared---they would then vanish. It was not a disease, just what the fish would do when scared

37g joe

yelow tangs are know to HAVE A WHITISH COLOR TO THIM IN THE MORNIGS AND A DEFINE WHITE LINE THAT YOU CAN NOTICE THROUGH OUT THE DAY BUT IS A LOT MORE SUBTLE. it could be a natural occurances with your fish or could be due to stres or low to high levels of oxygen watch your fish and other fish see how their breathing also look at the eyes are they glazed over. u might just need a lunar light in thier maybe the sudden shock of the light turning on is causing shock there are so many possibilities.