HELP! Royal Gramma acting crazy!

lkb3493

Great News! My Gramma is back out and eating!
I guess something just spooked him. He is no longer diving at the bottom. I hope I don't get ich.
Thanks for the tip about the SG. I did not know that the snails would fall because of a low SG. I keep mine between 1.023 and 1.024. Is this too low? :notsure: I was just going off what the hydrometer gauge showed to be in the best range. I have a 55 FOWLR. I only have 1 powerhead going right now. I probably need one or two more to blow more towards the sand bed. Thanks for all of the great advice!

lkb3493

That won't hurt anything else in the tank? How do you suggest that I do it? Maybe not top it off until it reaches that level? I just did a water change so that is the only way I can figure...Right now I don't have any more turbo snails but I can go this weekend and get some more.

alyssia

It won't jurt anything else in your tank. I keep all three of my tanks at 1.026. You can try topping off with salted water instead of fresh to slowly raise the salinity.

lkb3493

Not to sound stupid or anything but how do I top it off with saltwater? What SG do I make the water I am topping off with? I thought if there is a difference in the levels of what I am adding and what I am adding it to that will shock my fish?

alyssia

Top it off with water that is the same sg as what you already have in your tank. As long as you don't top off too much at one time you will be fine.