HELP! Royal Gramma has white spot on head.

I noticed a white spot on my Royal Gramma Basslets head the other day and passed it off as a bit of sand. The past few days he's been hiding. He doesn't even come out to eat. today he poked his head out a bit and I realised that the white spot got huge. it's right above his eye. Please help! I don't know what this is!!

I can't get a picture posted. I'm sorry. it's a grey bump looking. whitish. ut looks like it started under it's skin and made a crack through the skin and kept growing. Can you go off of that.

tonysi

From what you posted it sounds like some type of infection. I would still repost this in the disease and treatment section. Beth is the best when it comes to this kind of stuff.

tonysi

You should check out the recommended threads in that section there are pictures in there that maybe something already there that looks like what you are describing.

I posted in that thread. I took a picture and showed it to the fish store. They said it was fungus for sure and gave me some liquid solution stuff to add to the QT Tank. I think just moving the fish to the QT was stressful. I'm hoping it lives. Pretty big bump of fungus on there. At least I solved the mystery! :)