Help Sick Clown fish

danielsen

Ok, I have a sick clown fish. He has been acting strange for about a week now so I am getting worried. He has lost some orange color is some places and in others he is getting very dark. he keeps his top fin tucked in and also his bottom fins tucked in. He looks like he is fading. I gave him a 3 minute fresh water dip and now he looks worse. He looks like he has no slime on him. my tank levels are good.
PH 8.2
temp 79.5
Nitrate 0
Nitrite 0
Ammonia 0
Salt 1.023
Nothing has changed in the tank for about 2 weeks before that all i did was a 15% water change and he was acting different before that but i just thought he was doing crazy clown fish things.
I have a sharpnose puffer, singapor angle, royal gramms, and 2 clowns. also a good clean up crew. every one else looks and acts fine.
What should I do. I don't have a QT tank but I can make one if i need it.
I love these little brats but this is driving me crazy!!!!
thanks for the help.

danielsen

Never mind. Mitch died at 7:00pm 7/21/05 he lost his battle to what ever it was. and was eaten by a emerald crab.
That was my first death. but I guess that stuff happens. If any one has a idea what it might have been I would like to make sure the rest of the guys are ok.

imurnamine

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about Mitch...
You might want to check out the Disease part of the Forums, there should be a very educational sticky posted...