Help sick clownfish!! which disease, which treatment

iverson387

I have purchased two clowns approx 5 weeks ago as well as a yellow tang and hippo tang. They looked fine when purchased and were all swimming happily and eating in my quarantine tank. I was about ready to move the fish to the dt at the 4 week mark. Then one of the clowns had a large white spot on his chin. I posted some pics on a site and everyone said it was a wound. So I continued to move the fish to the dt. Over the next 2 days the clown seemed to be healing. On the 3rd day the clowns white spot grew to what looked like a white beard. At this point I moved him into quarantine. Now he wont eat and has gotten worse. There are also what appear to be red bumps under his skin just below and behind his eye on his first stripe. He also has a bump on his head that looks white and is breathing heavily. Can someone id this disease and tell me what I should do before he dies.
Water paramaters
Ammonia-0 nitrite-0 nitrate-0 ph 8.3 temp 82 salinity 1.023

Here you can see the beard like white patch under his mouth. The white dot on the mouth is something on the camera lens and is in a few of the pics sorry my mistake.

This picture shows the white patch on his chin well

here you can see the bump located above his head

Best seen in this picture are some red bumps that appear to be under his skin. This is on his first stripe just behind and below the eye. There are a few small holes here when looking up close. This actually looks worse in person than in the photo.

sepulatian

Welcome to the boards!! It looks like he has a slight bacterial infection. Tell us about the stuff under his chin. Is it stringy or clumpy? How is he eating? What is he eating? How long did it take before this appeared? Are those water readings for the QT or the display?

iverson387

Welcome to the boards!! It looks like he has a slight bacterial infection. Tell us about the stuff under his chin. Is it stringy or clumpy? How is he eating? What is he eating? How long did it take before this appeared? Are those water readings for the QT or the display?
It is clumpy and he has stopped eating as of 2 days ago. he was fine for about 3 weeks in quarantine. Then i noticed his chin had what looked to be a wound. So i left him in quarantine for another 2 days and it was looking better. At this point i decided to move the fish into the display tank hoping he would be less stressed ect with more room. Then about 3 days later it reappeared and i moved him back into quarantine. It has now gotten worse and when he stopped eating i became very concerned. He doesnt swim around alot like he used to and stays in a small area. He does not even try to eat food anymore and i have soaked it in garlic as well as entice. Ive tried feeding pellets, flakes, mysis, and a mix of a few frozen foods which i feed my display tank(mysis, cyclopeeze, nori, ect). What should i do at this point. Those paramaters are for the quarantine. The quarantine has been setup for approx 3 months as it was my main tank for a while until i got my new one. my live rock and sand in the tank came from a well established tank of 4 yrs. The quarantine paramaters are pretty much the same except the ph is 8.1.

sepulatian

Pick up some Maracyn 2 for saltwater fish. It looks like Lymphocystis but that wouldn't stop him from eating. I am pretty sure he has something bacterial going on too. Please read Beth's Common Treatments FAQ, at the top of this board, for information on bacterial infections and Lymphocystis.