Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Somethings Rong

ryand

ok i got a question our anemone is shrivaling up on us and we dont know y. we just fed it a peace of krill and the clown fish took it to it then as soon as it gave it to the anemone the clown started to pick at the anemone and it shriveled up. if any of you know why please tell me asap!!
thank you if you have any information

ryand

great just what i need some more stress in the tank not only is it shriveld up but now its spitting out its inside and the garentee on it it over scence today...>< please some help asap would be just great so i know if i have to take it out of the tank and get it special care or if its just doing something else please please please give me some info asap
now the arms of the anenome are almost gone and perple he is even smaller then before and i dont know what is going on

who dey

We need the same help!!! Ours is doing the same. We still have arms but it has shunken up and the white stuff is coming out just like yours...

maeistero

mine shrivels up inside itself to about smaller than a golfball and looks almost dead everyday, about every 6 or so hours. then it comes back huge in a few more hours. my clown goes nuts when it does that and i end up with dunes because the dang fish digs holes trying to get it back.

T

thomas712

A pic would be nice. Also knowing what type of anemone you have. What type of clown?
It could be that when the clownfish took the krill out of its mouth it may have torn a bit of the actinopharynx, but I can't be certain.
Keep an eye on it and try to post detailed descriptions.
Water quality ok? run a checklist on the tank just to make sure.
Feed the clown first, then the anemone and if you have to you can cover the anemone so that the food doesn't get stolen, by using a plastic baskcet like strawberrys come in.
Thomas

ryand

yes ive been noticing it happend every time i feed the fish and they brung food to it is when he starts to turn into the ball. so i figured it might just be the way it eats it, and then i thought it might be because teh food is cold when the clowns bring it to him so i have been letting it thaw out so it isnt so cold it worked somewhat but today when i walked into the room he went to the underside of the rock were there was no flow or light... i asked my teacher to go and get some coral life or something that the store recomends but i dont know exactly how thats supost to work

who dey

Maiestro, our green carpet anemone is just like yours! He does the shriveling cycle about every 6 hours or so and even has the white stuff coming out. He seems to be okay though. Our clowns still are not too sure about him!!

thegrog

Relax guys and gals. This is just the anemone pooping. Their mouth is also their anus and this is how they get rid of wastes. They also do this when spooked by something (like an overly aggressive clownfish).
Does it look something like this???

ryand

yeah exept that the tenticals are no longer visable they pretty much disapear and it only take a couple of minuts for it to re-appear